Updated: Nov 27, 2020
Presented by The Scotiabank Women Initiative™ powered by Visa Canada, This national initiative is breaking down barriers that women face when it comes to launching and growing their business – a crucial factor in helping the Canadian economy thrive.
We are so proud.
This month, all across Canada, moms sat down and took a chance on something they truly believe in. They took control of their situation, and invested in themselves and their futures. We are absolutely honoured to announce that over 700 women nationally have applied for Canada’s first annual Total Mom Pitch!
The program highlights female founders who own a small business while supporting all applicants from around the country to tap into Canada's best resources through the Total Mom Small Business Bundle. Canada’s Total Mom Pitch presented by Total Mom Inc, in partnership with The Scotiabank Women Initiative™ & powered by Visa Canada .
Our applicants barely know one another and have already been supporting one another by truly showing the spirit of women supporting women. Together, we continue to show up, grow and learn to trust one another by letting go of past experiences that no longer serve us. The truth is when we come together and truly give, we receive as well.
Between connecting and voting for one another, we have seen these incredible women supporting complete strangers across the country. The common thread that has brought us together has been motherhood & business.
So in light of that, we started a closed FB group called Total Mom Business mom entrepreneurs from coast to coast are connecting and sharing their stories.
We are seeing the network grow, the community come together and this is the start of something special. Something we didn’t realize would come together THIS BIG thanks to each and every one of you showing up and standing for your passion projects knowing the impact that you are making.
This is why we strive to connect ambitious moms with successful female leaders who will help them see potential gaps in their start-up, and avoid expensive mistakes and heartaches.
Semi-finalists will get to highlight their business in front of women in leadership from some of Canada’s largest business ecosystems.
Without further ado, these are our OFFICIAL TOP 100 Canadian businesses for Canada’s Total Mom Pitch!!
These 100 moms are one step closer to receiving $10,000 cash towards growing their business, and $20,000 of business services to help them move strategically and successfully along the way! Along with this is the opportunity to make connections with investors, powerful introductions and genuine connections with other moms going through this as well!
THE TOP 100!
1. Beth Shuman - 8 Faces
2. Jolene MacDonald - Accessibrand
3. Banyk Chia - Alternative Legal Service Firm Incorporated
4. Kelly Swartz - Awoken Beauty
5. Azetta Young - Azetta Design Studio
6. Alexandra Fell - Baby Float Spa
7. Dinah Ener - bathintentions Inc
8. Marina Phillips - Bébé Station Inc
9. Lara Proud - Beyond The Bump Education
10. Janna Hattingh - Booby Food
11. Aliya Dhalla - Box Wellness Co
12. Sandra Tannous - Catchu
13. Elaina Mansourian - Chatterbox Family
14.Tanya Thomson - Chewelry & Babe
15.Chloe McKenzie - Chloe McKenzie International
16. Sabrina Adair - Enabling Adaptations
17. Jody Swain - Hire and Fire your Kids
18. Ayanna Lee Rivears - Sociacize Fitness
19. Melita Cyril - Q for Quinn Inc
20. Jenelle Peterson - Wild Life Adventures Ltd.
21. Lerri-Ann Williams- Nurturing Village Co
22. Cheryl Edwards - Zingha
23. Lanna Lucas - Hunter Browns
24. Tara McGee - Collingwood Psychotherapy and Yoga Centre
25. Madison McBay - Tamvoes Health Inc.
26. Emily Fan - Leevo
27. Jacqueline Villeneuve-Ahmed - She Matters Co
28. Courtney St Croix - MOMFIDENT Media
29. Michelle Kelsey - Nannies on Call
30. Jennifer Lam - Discover Coding
31. Lindsay Piché - Mother and Nature
32. Suzanne Tyson - HigherEdPoints.com
33. Stephanie Florio - Swob Inc
34. Allison Venditti - Ready to Return by Careerlove
35. Sarah Healey - luxe.zen
36. Jackie Kwitko - Fressy Bessy
37. Lyndsay Arsenault - The Working Mom Initiative
38. Julia Slanina - Treehouse Medical
39. Jill Van Gyn - Fatso Peanut Butter
40. Amy Syed - Find your HCP
41. Allison Carroll - Spark U
42. Jenn Newark - Pet Grocer Inc.
43. Romy Schill - Revolution Wool Company
44. Melanie Sutherland - Melanie Sutherland Healthcare Inc. / Body Co
45. Janet MacDonald - mycampus GPS Education Consulting
46. Kate Roddy - The Kegel Release Curve
47. Elaine Li - Iremia Skincare
48. Natacha Rey - Maison Apothecare Inc.
49. Melanie Cote - Do Good Donuts
50. Stefanie Loukes - Rabbittown Beverage Co
51. Angela VanKessel - Cultivated Ecosystems
52. Lisa Orchard - Scribe Technical Writers and Editors
53. Anya Soto - Culture Crafters ™
54. Litsa Dantzer - Law Job Exchange
55. Lydia Li - Lydia Li Consulting Inc.
56. Jennifer Murray - Eire’s Leanai - Ultimate Baby Bags
57. Mariam Nouser - Infinitely Classic Inc
58. Sarah Baldeo - ID Quotient Advisory
59. Jumjury Hemmerich - Kits Scrubs Inc
60. Una Mrdja - Una Mikulic Behavioural Consulting & Family Support
61. Meghan Chomut - Meghan Chomut, CFP®
62. Audrey Dupuy - Sweet’n’Sassy Vegan treats
63. Sarah Wade - Wild Life Forest School
64. Donna Furnival - Therapeutic Pilates
65. Bliss Prema - Conscious Evolver™ Enterprises
66. Amina Mohamed - Triple F Photo Tours
67. Yvonne Chan - The Mama Coach
68. Alexis Reid - Eco Chic Movement
69. Chana Ross - Vital Physiotherapy & Wellness
70. Jen Peacock - Straight Up Health
71. Heather Hood - Mountain Goodness Natural Foods
72. Candice Ornstein - Source Organics
73. Melanie McGregor - Get Low Dance Company
74. Natasha Medrano Romero - Miss Bailey Brown Chocolate
75. Sofia Bonilla - HOPE Pet Food
76. Seema Sanghavi - Cooks Who Feed
77. Maran Stern-Kubista - My Kindness Calendar
78. Yvonne Ru - Your Table
79. Renae Thomas-James - Take Me Away Essentials
80. Jennifer Italiano - Live Organic Food
81. Oxana Rampersad - Mompire
82. Selen Sorensen - The Urban Nursery
83. Kristine Beese - Untangle Money
84. Megan Bassendale - Forensic Guardians International Consulting Inc
85. Cheryl Zealand - Cranked Energy Inc
86. Karima Kinlock-Quamina - Village Circle Counselling
87. Charlotte Caunter - Health SHEro
88. Ashley Stone - Village
89. Tara Cowling - Medlior Health Outcomes Research Ltd
90. Samantha Vlasceanu - Traveling Munchkin
91. Missy MacKintosh - MisMacK Clean Cosmetics Inc
92. Sana Tahir - Kids Playtown Inc
93. Cheryl Netterfield - POMMe-Health
94. Shanelle McKenzie - The Villij
95. Yael Benarroch - MOMforce Inc
96. Jennifer Wu - Spark Journals
97. Marsha Dixon - Girls Can Dream Too
98. Holly Mckinlay - Holly Bakes
99. Meghan Steele - Valley Vista Vacation Rentals
VOTE VOTE VOTE!!
Join us in voting while discovering Canadian businesses across the country that are rocking motherhood & entrepreneurship on a whole new level.
Register with your name and email to place your vote HERE.
Over the next couple weeks, judges will narrow down the semi-finalists to move into the Top 5 Finalists, happening December 3rd, 2020 – December 10th, 2020.
We are so proud of EVERY single applicant, and so excited to be helping close the gap between mothers and successful entrepreneur journeys.
Thank you so much to all of our sponsors, our community, and our supporters for helping us help so many women across Canada.
Anna Sinclair, CEO & founder | Total Mom Inc